Bowling Green Holiday Parade- Saturday November 19, 2022
The Beat will serve as a premier sponsor of the Bowling Green Holiday Parade on Saturday, November 19, 2022. Please read on for everything you need to know about our participation in the parade:
Staging Rehearsal: We will hold a mandatory staging rehearsal at The Beat the night before the the parade on Friday, November 18th from 5:15-6:30pm. Note that we have A LOT of dancers in this parade - somewhere between 75 & 100. Please only drop your dancer and make sure they bring only what they need for rehearsal on the 18th. You can help us stagger our drop-off/pick-up window by doing the following: Older Competition dancers may arrive early (5pm or a few before). Driving dancers should carpool if possible. We also plan to release dancers age 9 & under at about 6:15pm.
Practice at home: Rehearsal videos are here, here, and here. Parents with very young dancers, just have them try their best (we don't expect perfection!).
What to wear on Parade day:
- Black bottoms (leggings, yoga pants, or sweats.. more than one pair of leggings will be helpful in the cold)
- Red parade t-shirt layered over WHITE long sleeves (turtleneck or regular white long sleeved shirt)
- Supportive tennis shoes & socks. No dance shoes, no boots, etc.. Just a good, supportive shoe that dance well in the streets. Tennis shoes do not need to be in our color palate... Any color combination is fine.
- Hair should be neat, either half-back or in a full ponytail
- Accessorize with securely attached headpieces/hats/winter gear in neutral colors to match our palate- red, black, and or white.
- Light makeup is fine for those who normally wear makeup. It's not required. Please do not send your child in stage face for the parade.
We recommend lots of layers to stay warm! A first layer of leotard & tights will also help your dancer stay warm. Make sure all of your dancer's items are labeled because as the parade moves on (and the kids warm up) we often have items thrown into the truck.
Where to go/when to report on parade day:
- The Beat is parade unit #24
- Parents, drop your dancer off at Curtis (by way of N Grove St) in BG between 8:50 and 9:00am
- We will exit the parade at Dixie Ave
Parents who want to march with us- unless you are really trying to bank your steps for the day we recommend that you leave a car near the end of the parade route & get dropped off at our starting spot so you do not need to walk all the way back… For parents observing the parade, please do the following: Drive on North Grove to drop your dancer near The Beat's meeting area DO NOT drive into the meeting area. We cannot stress the post-performance pickup procedure enough- Once the parade begins and The Beat dances past you, we ask that you join us on foot and follow us to the end of the parade to retrieve your dancer. Please be prompt to with parade pickup and DO NOT plan to drive to pick your dancer up. You will take your dancer once The Beat has finished in the parade... not when the whole parade is over. We have a long, cold morning participating in the parade, and we appreciate your promptness in picking up your dancer! We recommend that you set up to watch us near the four corners intersection at Main & Wooster St..
Please make sure your dancer is prepared by getting a good night's sleep, eating breakfast beforehand, and using the restroom right before you head our way! Please also be sure they are confident in the choreography. (videos are linked above)